We now have the crucial missing PCBAs we needed to resume shipping, albeit with a bit more work than we were hoping. We received the three boards we were waiting on (motherboard, gimbal board, and camera board) and all three needed some minor re-work, which we have completed. Specifically, the camera board had solder on some debug pads, which caused them to intermittently short with a shielding can, the motherboard was missing a few components, and the gimbal board had an incorrect capacitor in one location. We have mostly fixed the issues with the Wi-Fi and tail boards we mentioned in the last update. This required remaking the Wi-Fi boards with a new vendor who could more reliably maintain impedance matching on the high speed digital traces and remaking the tail boards to solve a delamination issue between the rigid and flexible portions of the boards. That said, we are still getting a lower yield on our Wi-Fi boards than we need, due to issues with pad delamination on a tricky component, but we’re up to a tenable yield for ongoing shipments. There are a few boards for which we’ve received partial shipments and expect the remainder within one week, but this should not limit production. Shipment of the spare batteries is awaiting receipt of the rest of the battery boards, as the partial shipment we have received is needed for shipping out new units. The remainder of the parts needed are in stock and have been assembled to the extent possible.
We updated the Android app last week with the Out and Back feature, as well as a number of bug fixes and stability improvements. The team is working on implementing Virtual Wire tracking and Orbit shots on Android now, after which the Android app will have all the same main features as iOS.