Lead Mobile Software Engineer
Come help make a kick-ass flying camera! Vantage Robotics is looking for a stellar iOS engineer to lead the development of the mobile phone based controller for our flying camera. This will include writing code as well as managing and building a design and development team. The basic flight control software challenges have already been solved, so the development effort would primarily focus on spectacular interface implementation, low latency wi-fi link, extremely high reliability, some interesting map graphics challenges.
- Work with interface design team to implement interface and add magic
- Develop test structure and code fixes for exceptional reliability
- Tune and improve smart flight modes (eg. auto flights, tracking, etc.)
- Refine and optimize wireless streaming video capable of running concurrently with low latency command and control messages over WiFi
- Identify and hire talent as needed to build software team
- Work with overseas developers as needed for outsourced development
- Lead group for ongoing development
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 10 years writing code and 6 years writing software for iOS
- Highly proficient in Objective-C and Swift
- BS and/or MS/PhD in Computer Science preferred
- Know how to write rock solid code (code crashing can lead to real world crashes for us!)
- Experience interfacing with external hardware over WiFi
- Experience working with overseas developers
- Experience leading teams of developers in fast paced startup environment
- Preferred knowledge of RTSP, FFMPEG, TCP/IP, WiFi, H.264, etc.
- Preferred experience with Java, Nuttx, ROS, PX4 or APM, distributed systems
- Passion for flying cameras, photography and/or video preferred
About the Company
Vantage Robotics enables consumers to take amazing aerial video. Our first product, Snap, is the only flying camera in the world to combine top video quality and flight performance with safety and portability. Already featured by Wired, Outside, TechCrunch, Men’s Journal, The Verge, and Fast Company, amongst many others, the product has achieved strong traction with the press and initial pre-orders. The experienced team of Stanford, IDEO, NASA, HP, Volkswagen, and DARPA Grand Challenge alums have started a combined 7 companies previously and have been granted over 50 patents. We’re also ardent kite surfers, mountain bikers, rock climbers, surfers, and hockey players.
Come help make a kick-ass flying camera! Vantage Robotics is looking for an experienced mechatronics engineer to help build a next generation flying camera. You will be responsible for making the electronics innards and firmware work spectacularly well and should be capable of solving impossible problems twice as fast as your peers.
- Firmware and driver development
- Board layout
- Prototyping and debugging
- Control systems tuning
- Developing manufacturing tests
Skills and Qualifications
- Deep experience with a wide range of sensors including mag/accel/gyro, GPS, and SONAR
- Strong C, C++, and embedded linux skills
- Embedded development with real-time requirements in mind
- ARM core microprocessor proficiency
- Experience tuning PID control systems
- Capable of writing and debugging sensor drivers
- Mechatronics related undergraduate degree
- Preferred experience with PX4 flight stack, high end camera systems, WiFi, and flying robots
- Soldering, reworking, hardware hacking and debugging
- PCB layout experience (Altium preferred)
- Preferred passion for photography, video, flight, and/or outdoor sports
We pay under market rates for salary, but make up for it with generous equity, a satisfying and fast paced work environment, and a product you will be excited to be involved with.